CO2 Registry user roles
The CO2 Registry has various defined user roles: initiators, approvers, initiators and approvers and read-only account representatives. All users can view account details and account balances.
Actions are performed based on the account type; certain actions must first be proposed by one user, and then approved by another.
The table below shows the authorizations per role.
|Role name||Former role name (pre 20210||Permission(s)|
|Process initiator only||Authorized representative (on an account with approvers)||Can only initiate processes*|
|Process approver only||Additional authorized representative||Can only approve processes*|
|Process initiator and approver||Authorized representative (on an account without approvers)||Can initiate and approve processes*|
|Read only authorized representative||Passive authorized representative||Can only view the account|
*Processes include both transactions and additions to the trused account list.
- The permissions are defined in the role names: a process initiator only can only initiate actions, a process approver only can only approve actions.
- A Process initiator and approver can initiate and approve actions. However, the user that approves the action cannot be the same as the one who initiated it: the 4 eye principle applies.
- Read only authorized representatives may only view the account details and account balance.
- Accounts should have a minimum of 2 users: at least one that can initiate processes and one that can approve processes.
More users/more permissions are useful in case of absence, illness etc.
- Accounts can have a maximum of 20 users.