Ton Hoff – Board Member
Ton (A.B.M.) Hoff joined the NEa Executive Board on 1 January 2012.
Ton Hoff (b. 1949) became chairman of the board at the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN) in 2003, with ultimate responsibility for both the ECN and NRG (Nuclear Research & Consultancy Group). Before that he was employed for over 25 years at Royal Dutch Shell, where he held positions in R&D and Environmental Affairs. Under the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW), he was also chair of the CO2 Emissions Trading Climate Committee (klimaatcommissie CO2-emissiehandel) and the NOx Emissions Trading Supervisory Committee (begeleidingscommissie NOx-emissiehandel). Ton holds PhDs in mathematics and physics.
• Chairman of the Paul Scherrer Institute Energy & Mobility Competence Center advisory Board – Switzerland
• Chairman of the board, CE
• Vice-president, Energy Advisory Group – Brussels
• Chairman, Board of Directors, WMC (Wind-turbine Materials and Constructions)
• Vice chairman, Port of Den Helder Supervisory Board